How to Add Event Media:
This feature is accessible when you publish your event (either public or private). Upon publishing, you will have access to ‘Event Media,’ located in your left-hand menu upon entering your event. The purpose of this feature is to access the backend of your watch page to add or edit media.
Step 1: Publish your event to access the Event Media tab.
Step 2: You are now on the event media page. You will have two buttons to start. One to add new media live streams or upload, and one to create a media playlist (Folder). To add media, click to add +New Live Stream or Upload.
Step 3: A menu will appear. Fill out the menu options to add media. Begin with the different media types as follows:
- Live Stream: You can use your third-party software with custom RTMP (custom destination) capabilities. Add media to set up a stream for keys.
- Video Upload: No limitation to the file size. Compressed MP4’s/H264 are recommended. Media can be made readily available or simulated to go live on a specific date and time. Upload file when prompted.
- External Video: Copy and paste the embed code of either the YouTube or Vimeo video when prompted. Video must be public and shareable to be seen on ViewStub.
Step 4: Title your video. Naming your media is a requirement; this title will be made visible to your attendees. All other options listed below are optional:
- Subtitles - appear as a second line beneath your title and is optional.
- Thumbnail - will default to your main event thumbnail; changing this is optional.
- Disable Replay - PPV option. Once they watch it, they will lose this media. They still have, however, many days granted on their tickets Viewer Access to watch the event.
- Panoramic drop-down box - Lists all of your 360-degree video options.
Step 5: Determine Video Visibility under the Video Visibility Section.
- Private: You can add media to your playlist and go live or test uploads without being seen by ticket holders.
- Public: You are granting access to your ticket holders and can designate who gains access to your media.
Step 6: Decide when you will begin Streaming. Select your Stream Date and Start time, or choose to go live now. If you select a date and time, your viewers will not see anything live until that day and time. Also, you cannot set up your stream until you are within one hour of that date and time.
Step 7: Continue to your attendee engagement options:
- Chat - Is automatically enabled but can be disabled. It has its own tab on the engagement panel. Complete with emojis. Additional options are built into the chatroom:
- Polls - You can ask questions and create opportunities for answers. Your attendees can submit their answers live. Percentages of responses are shown as progress bars on each response option.
- Q & A - Allow attendees to submit questions into the Q&A tab. Get notifications each time a query appears. Attendees get notified when you respond.
- Donations - Assign this media to your event donations or enable general donations for your media.
- Description - describe the content of your media.
- Playlist - If a playlist was created, assign your media to your playlist here. You can always return to edit your media.
Step 8: Add media when ready. Your media will now populate in the media playlist. Select your media to set up stream if going live. Carefully read all popups. Setup Stream when ready. Stream Key and URL will be provided when connected. Go live in your studio when ready and verify connection on ViewStub.
We're here to help! If you need more information or assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The future of our community is in your hands - leave some notes for everyone to benefit from at https://help.viewstub.com/hc/en-us