How to Create an Event
Upon signing into your ViewStub account, you will see where you can create a new event:
- Event Name: Choose event name. *Required to Publish
- Event URL: Formulated based on the event name, but also customizable. It cannot be the same as another event. *Required to Publish
- Event Dates: *Required To Publish
-Coming Soon will allow you to advertise your event on the marketplace as dates TBD but not yet sell tickets.
-Available now will make two calendars available to you. Your event Start Date and your Event End date. This helps customers block out their calendars for your event.
Ex: A 2 day concert : June 14th, 2030 @7pm until June 15th, 2030 @2am.
- Time Zone: Available once you click ‘Available now’ on Event Dates and make calendars available. The time you placed in the calendars must be in the time zone you set. Ex: EDT = America / New York
- Set Event Location:
*Required to Publish.
- In-Person/ hybrid events will prompt for a map to appear and request your Venue Address.
- Event Dates: *Required To Publish
- Tickets: More options can be used once tickets are made.
- Tickets are either:
and designated as:
Base price established but can increase under an any price Ticket. Any price tickets may not be assigned Promotional codes.
For each ticket, you have the following:
- Ticket Name - Customizable
- Ticket Access: VIRTUAL ONLY - Set how many days ticket holders will have access to your events once it’s over.
- Ticket Sales Start Date: By unclicking this option, you are not allowing anyone to purchase a ticket until the date and time you set. Then, tickets will go on sale. No one will be able to buy a ticket before then; checkout will reflect ‘Sales not Started.’
- Ticket Sales End Date: By unclicking this option, you will be prompted to set a date and time for sales to end. At checkout, next to your ticket will reflect ‘Sales Ended’ at the date and time you designated. No one will be able to purchase a ticket after.
When unclicking these options, a calendar with a time clock at the bottom will appear. Click on the PM to switch it to AM.
- Ticket Description: This is where you can differentiate the value between your different tickets. Or let your customer know the associated value with this ticket. You may add photos to your description.
- Ticket Limit: Limit up to how many of these tickets can be sold. A popular tool for in-person events with capacity restrictions.
- Purchase Quantity: Set the maximum number of tickets allowed to be purchased per individual checkout.
NOTE: You can tier tickets, meaning you can make as many as your event requires and re-order them by dragging and dropping.
- Each Ticket can be edited after being created with the edit button. You can see your options under each ticket as follows:
- Now, you can access additional ticket settings such as the more options menu.
- Custom Questions: Adds additional criteria to your registration process.
- Promotions: There are three kinds.
- Discount code: For multiple uses, discounts anyone who uses it.
- Sales code: Sets your ticket on sale; the original price is marked down at checkout.
- Free one-time use code: Grants free access to that one person using it. It can only be used once. Up to 75 free entries are allowed per event only.
- Free registrations past this limit must be requested and approved by the sales team. Please get in touch with email@example.com.
- Refund Policy: If you allow refunds, attendees will be able to contact you to your registered email. You can change your preferred email with the drop-down provided or officially in your settings.
- Allowing Attendees to Contact You: This will put a ‘contact event organizer’ on your event page if anyone has questions.
- Marketplace Availability: Although a calendar is provided, this is not your event date. This is how long people will be able to search for your event publicly made on ViewStub Marketplace. Post date placed, your event will be removed from the market.
- Show in the ViewStub Marketplace: Showing events in the marketplace will prompt the calendar to open. Or click show in our Marketplace forever.
- Private Event / Hide: Making event private means only those who have the event link will be able to access the event page, and your event will not be on the marketplace or be searched for on the marketplace. You can choose this upon publishing for private events or testing purposes.
- Add Logo: Select Choose Logo to take away the ViewStub logo and replace it with your own event logo.
- Add Thumbnails: Picture representations of your event. In the dimensions (or the same ratio) as 1920px wide by 1080px tall. A maximum of 15 thumbnails is allowed in the carousel for your event page.
* One Thumbnail is Required to Publish and will be used as the default for your watch page and media if not changed later.
- Add Tags: Adding tags to your events helps distinguish your event and content. A maximum of 15 is allowed.
- Description: *Required to Publish
-Capable of customizing your event description with the following options:
- Enable Affiliate Link: You can set a dollar or percentage amount commission share per ticket to incentivize those who visit your ViewStub Page Only to become an affiliate. You can keep track of these affiliates in your affiliate dashboard in your account hub.
- Facebook Pixel: You can attach your own Facebook pixel code to your event so you can track your analytics and conversions in your ads manager.
- Once all details have been input and all required sections are completed, you will have these button options available to you :
- Save: This button remains on the bottom bar of the edit event page and is for you to save any progress before you are ready to publish.
- Publish: This button will prompt for the Marketplace Availability window to open:
- Marketplace Availability:
- You can choose to Show your event in the ViewStub Marketplace or keep it Private.
- Test Event: Will default the private event/Hide in marketplace availability.
NOTE: If you plan to use Whitelabel ONLY, leave the event private. This will keep it out of the ViewStub Marketplace.
- By Showing your event, you are making it public in our marketplace; now, you can choose if you want to have it in our marketplace forever or select a date for your event to be removed. By unclicking the forever option, you will prompt another calendar to appear to set a date for your event to be removed.
- This is not the event date
Once you have decided the Marketplace Availability, you can Publish.
Once published, you may edit any information created. You also will now have access to media options, attendee management options, and event customization options.
We're here to help! If you need more information or assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The future of our community is in your hands - leave some notes for everyone to benefit from at https://help.viewstub.com/hc/en-us